Tuesday, March 14, 2017

A brave new world for SimeyC

I've taken a bold step today; it's perhaps I step I should have taken months ago, but one I realize I have to do if I am not going to compromise many of my values.

I've been a member of several pay to be social websites, and over time have realized that there is a core of people who simply don't care about the idea of social sites as long as they can make money by gaming the system.

These people scatter the minute the money disappears, leaving the members who were true to the site dangling on a precipice - sadly most of these sites in time will fall over that precipice and disappear.

The aim of this blog.

As an amateur writer and photographer I love to share my work; as I move away from the social way of doing this, where the accolades often are fake, I hope that I can interest a following that are not here to make money, but are here to consume my work and perhaps interact with me.

I'll be compiling a list of like-minded writers in my links section and hopefully together we can form a rough social site that is true to the concepts of social media but is not constrained by cheats and attention grabbers.

I hope you enjoy this journey with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment